Mazatlan Climate & Temperature
- Mazatlan, Mexico is at 23°12'N, 106°24'W, 3 m (10 ft). See map.
- Mazatlan has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Mazatlan is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 24.4 degrees Celsius (75.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9.1 °C (16.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 853 mm (33.6 inches) which is equivalent to 853 Litres/m² (20.92 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2667 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Mazatlan you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Rodrigues, Mauritius.
Mazatlan Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Mazatlan Climate Graph in Metric Units
Mazatlan Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Mazatlan, Mexico Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- El Paso, Texas, Usa - 954.4 kms (593.1 miles) N
- Alpine, Texas, Usa - 841.7 kms (523 miles) NNE
- Del Rio, Tx, Usa - 875.7 kms (544.2 miles) NE
- Chihuahua, Mexico - 603.2 kms (374.9 miles) N
- Alice, Tx, Usa - 995.7 kms (618.7 miles) NE
- Laredo, Texas, Usa - 845.6 kms (525.5 miles) NE
- Brownsville, Texas, Usa - 956.3 kms (594.2 miles) ENE
- Monterrey, Mexico - 674.8 kms (419.3 miles) ENE
- Zacatecas, Mexico - 395.3 kms (245.6 miles) E
- Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico - 884.1 kms (549.4 miles) E
- Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico - 581.8 kms (361.6 miles) ESE
- Guadalajara, Mexico - 423.5 kms (263.2 miles) SE
- Morelia, Mich., Mexico - 666.5 kms (414.2 miles) SE
- Tacubaya, Mexico - 859.4 kms (534.1 miles) ESE
- Mexico City, Mexico - 859.4 kms (534.1 miles) ESE
- Acapulco, Mexico - 999.6 kms (621.2 miles) SE