Mazatlan Climate & Temperature
- Mazatlan, Mexico is at 23°12'N, 106°24'W, 3 m (10 ft). See map.
- Mazatlan has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Mazatlan is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 24.4 degrees Celsius (75.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9.1 °C (16.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 853 mm (33.6 inches) which is equivalent to 853 Litres/m² (20.92 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2667 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Mazatlan you would come out nearest to the climate station at Rodrigues, Mauritius.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Mazatlan, Mexico Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- El Paso, Texas, Usa - 954.4 kms (593.1 miles) N
- Alpine, Texas, Usa - 841.7 kms (523 miles) NNE
- Del Rio, Tx, Usa - 875.7 kms (544.2 miles) NE
- Chihuahua, Mexico - 603.2 kms (374.9 miles) N
- Alice, Tx, Usa - 995.7 kms (618.7 miles) NE
- Laredo, Texas, Usa - 845.6 kms (525.5 miles) NE
- Brownsville, Texas, Usa - 956.3 kms (594.2 miles) ENE
- Monterrey, Mexico - 674.8 kms (419.3 miles) ENE
- Zacatecas, Mexico - 395.3 kms (245.6 miles) E
- Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico - 884.1 kms (549.4 miles) E
- Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico - 581.8 kms (361.6 miles) ESE
- Guadalajara, Mexico - 423.5 kms (263.2 miles) SE
- Morelia, Mich., Mexico - 666.5 kms (414.2 miles) SE
- Tacubaya, Mexico - 859.4 kms (534.1 miles) ESE
- Mexico City, Mexico - 859.4 kms (534.1 miles) ESE
- Acapulco, Mexico - 999.6 kms (621.2 miles) SE